Welcome from the Iowa Bed & Breakfast Guild! IBBG was established in 1998 by a group of caring B&B innkeepers dedicated to high standards of hospitality and quality accommodations. The Iowa Bed & Breakfast Guild is affiliated with the Iowa Lodging Association (ILA). For over 80 years, ILA has been representing hoteliers in Iowa from the largest to the smallest independently operated properties, including Bed & Breakfast owners. If you believe as we do, that there is strength in numbers and advantages to be gained by maintaining our individual identities and promoting our diversities, then we invite you to join us!
Iowa Bed & Breakfast Guild (IBBG) members benefit from many services and opportunities available through the Guild, including:
- An individual web page for each IBBG member on the Iowa Bed & Breakfast Guild website (iowabedandbreakfast.org), optimized for search engines like Google to help find your property online, containing your contact information, a link to your own website and/or Facebook page, your policies, awards, and up to ten photos. This information can be easily updated at any time.
- Opportunities to grow and learn, through the Guild’s Two-Day Spring Conference featuring experts from across America, meetings, networking and socializing.
- Stay in touch with fellow innkeepers without leaving your B&B through IBBG’s “INN the KNOW” provided via email from our administration office.
- Networking opportunities with fellow innkeepers who are available to share ideas, problems and triumphs with other B&B owners.
- IBBG/ILA members are represented at Iowa’s State Capitol by a full time lobbyist dedicated to protecting the lodging industry’s interests and members’ bottom lines. This is the only statewide organization lobbying for your B&B business interests at the State Capitol.
- Opportunity to benefit from IBBG‘s marketing efforts.
- Increased income and occupancy from IBBG’s sale of gift certificates.
- Advertising in “Our Iowa” magazine, promoting the IBBG website and gift certificate program.
- Support in establishing a social media presence for your inn, such as Facebook pages, to promote your B&B in this ever increasing internet media market.
- IBBG’s own quarterly e-newsletter keeps members in touch with IBBG, each other and current industry trends.
- Discounts and savings through ILA/IBBG Allied Members who offer a host of members-only discounts.
IBBG membership provides more heads in beds!
A membership application is available under “Members Area” then click on “New Member Application.” Please fill out the application and mail to the address listed on the form. If you have any questions, please contact Shellie at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-743-IOWA (4692).